Want to party in the sun and have everyone listen to your mix?
We’re giving you the chance to enter your best mix to be played to the raving massive in the Dreams Bar and the Innovation Beach Bar with a DJ playlist so everyone can come along to check out your drum and bass mix.
What could be better then chilling out with your friends listening to your mix as the sun goes down at the Innovation Beach Bar, or warming up for the night in the Dreams Bar.
What will you win?
The best 20 entries will be part of our ongoing playlist throughout the week and provide the daytime soundtrack for In The Sun 2018. The overall winner will also get to play a set at an Innovation event, either In The Sun (if attending) or at another event in 2018.
To enter the Innovation In The Sun DJ Comp 2018:
- Record a 60 minute mix (minimum), pick your own dnb sub genre from liquid to dance floor and jump up. You can use whatever equipment suits you best, CDJ or Vinyl.
- Upload the mix to Soundcloud using the artwork you can download here (right click and “save as” to download)
- Title your mix “Your name – Innovation In The Sun competition mix”
- Post your mix up to the Innovation In The Sun Facebook event page
- The deadline for posting your mix is midnight on Sunday June 3rd.
- Winners will be picked by Innovation staff and announced on Wednesday June 6th at 1pm on the Innovation page
This competition is open to everyone, although it’s obviously better if you’re attending the event as you’ll get to hear your mix in the sun!
Innovation In The Sun DJ competition tips:
- Please keep the sets MC free, although you’re welcome to include one or two mentions of your DJ name over the mix
- Winning entries will be played during the daytime, so we’re looking for a broad selection of drum and bass to suit the vibe over the day
- Check the levels on your mix, make sure you’re not red lining or clipping
- Keep the quality as high as possible, record in .wav format if possible to make sure your mix sounds as good as possible
- Invite your supporters to the Innovation In The Sun Facebook page and spread the word online, it’s always good to get the Inno crowd behind you too!
Think you’ve got what it takes? Upload your entry now!